Earn your Clinical Medical Assistant diploma in months!
Pennsylvania Institute of Health and Technology’s Clinical Medical Assistant program trains students to function as multi-purpose medical practitioners for a variety of healthcare facilities including doctor’s offices, hospitals, and clinics. Medical assistants work alongside physicians, nurses, and other professionals in the care of their patients.
According to the American Association of Medical Assistants, demand for medical assistants is growing faster than the average of all occupations in the United States. This increasing demand is attributed to:
- The increase in the number of outpatient care facilities.
- Technological advances.
- The growing number of elderly needing medical care.
Call PIHT today and discover the benefits of medical assisting and how a career in healthcare is right for you!
“The staff and instructors are our biggest supporters and they stand beside us every step of the way.” – Cheri Long, PIHT Student
Medical Training that Works!
Pennsylvania Institute of Health and Technology offers you medical assistant training in a structured environment that promotes academic success. Some of the advantages of a PIHT education include:
- Beautiful Campus
- Convenient Location
- Small Classes
- Interactive Medical Labs
- Medical Externships
- Career Services
Real Skills for Real Jobs:
Clinical Medical Assistants are cross trained to perform a variety of clinical, lab, and administrative procedures which include, but are not limited to:
- Take a patient’s vital signs (such as blood pressure, temperature, and pulse)
- Assist a doctor or nurse with physical exams
- Check a patient’s vision
- Collect medical specimens
- Check a patient’s blood-sugar level
- Perform basic lab tests
- Sterilize medical equipment to kill germs
- Assist with simple surgeries
- Give injections (shots)
- Do certain heart tests
With Your Medical Diploma, You Could:
By earning your Clinical Medical Assistant diploma, you could work in a variety of offices and clinics throughout southwestern Pennsylvania. With our training program, you could:
- Work in a doctor’s office
- Assist with dialysis for patients with kidney problems
- Work as a phlebotomist, or someone who draws blood
- Work as an assistant for a chiropractor
- Work as an assistant in a pharmacy
- Work in a hospital scheduling patients and working with patient records
There are so many avenues you could pursue, but the first step is earning your Clinical Medical Assistant diploma, and PIHT can help you do just that.
Externships and Certifications
As one of our Clinical Medical Assisting students you will complete an externship as part of your medical courses. This on-the-job training allows you to apply the skills you’ve learned in the real world with real people. This experience is invaluable and also allows you to showcase your skills to employers in the Fayette County, Mt. Braddock and Connellsville areas who hire medical assistants. Not only does our Clinical Medical Assisting diploma program prepare you to be job ready in months, but it’s also designed to prepare you for certain National Center for Competency Testing certification exams which can strengthen your appeal in the job market. Some of the certifications our students can choose to take include:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant*
- Certified EKG/ECG Technician**
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician**
Clinical Medical Assistants are an important part of the medical team. You’ll dress in a medical uniform, have a career you love, and be able to work towards financial security. To learn more about the Clinical Medical Assisting program, call PIHT today at 724-437-4600 or Request Information.
*Required/Included in Tuition/Fees
**Optional at own expense