Benefits of Online Learning at PIHT
- Allows you more flexibility and options with work and child care schedules
while you’re in school.
- Allows you to attend class and complete course work at your
own pace and at times when you can learn best.
- Allows instructors to incorporate differentiated teaching
so they can cater to your learning preference – including
interactive activities, and text.
- 24/7 technical support and regular and frequent availability
of instructors and other support.
- Allows you to complete the parts of your program that are generally
theory based online while maintaining benefit of the
hands-on training part of the programs on-campus.
Are you ready for online classes?
Below are the qualities of a successful online student.
- Open minded about sharing life, work, and educational
experiences as part of the learning process
- Able to communicate through writing
- Active learner that is highly motivated, self-directed,
- Organized, strong time management skills, and able
to meet deadlines
- Committed to setting sufficient hours aside to successfully
complete course work
- Attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Able to think critically
- Willing to "speak up" if problems arise
- Has reliable access to a computer and the internet
- Comfortable using a computer
PIHT currently offers online courses to its residential students
only. We do not offer programs entirely online. Only select courses are